Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Travel tips?

Amid all the shopping, washing, organizing drawers and closets I keep avoiding the thought that we actually have to go through the process of bringing Creecher home. I know there are a lot of forever families out there already. I'm interested to hear what arrangements you made for your return trip. Did you get the bulk head seats with the airline bassinet? Did you buy a one way ticket for your child? How do 2 first class tickets compare to the price and space of three coach tickets? What kind of snacks did you have with you on the plane? Did you use any medication (for your child) to help her sleep or to help with her ears? What kinds of toys provided good entertainment without annoying other travelers?

Other than those specific things - what did you do that worked well? What would you do differently?

All thoughts, suggestions and advice are more than welcome.

3 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Can't help you out on pick up trips but I would some tips.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Deb said...

I've heard to take toys that they haven't yet seen. I already have a little backpack that has a little bear, finger puppets, 2 books, and some coloring books for the plane ride. (Can you tell I plan ahead).
Other than that since I haven't done it I have nothing for you.

I had never thought of buying to first class instead of 2 coach. I think that's a great idea and worth looking into.

I just did a quick search on expedia.com for the price. I put in the end of Feb DFW to MOW and for 3 seats coach it was under $1,000 a person and for 2 first class it was over $4,000 a person. But you might find a better deal with a travel agent. Of course that was round trip for the baby and I know you can't do that. Sorry I was no help to you.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger mommyto5 said...

We didn't get bulk head and honestly don't think our youngest would have slept in the bassinet, it does work for some though. Our girls 2y/o and 1 y/o did not like the plane ride at all they barely slept and were only content when eating:)Bring little snacks, gold fish,cheerios,little lollipops which I think helped their ears too. The meds were a no go for us. Someone on the plane told us that their in region facilitator said their is something in Russia for children to help them on the plane not sure what but you could ask when over there. As far as toys ours wanted nothing to do with them on the plane. The only thing that we had that helped was the snacks and juice cups and looked forward to the flight meal times. We were so glad to finally be done with the flight! Our travel agent purchased round trip tickets for our little one, cause it was cheaper than one way ticket,you may want to look into travel insurance too, in case you need to change flight are like our travel partner became very ill in country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home