Thursday, December 28, 2006

And we're back...

Christmas was great - full of all the regular traditions and lots of "next year blah, blah, blah". Our family does Christmas in a big way with extended family meals for both Christmas Eve dinner (Dad's family) and Christmas Day lunch (Mom's family), tons of food, tons of presents, our immediate family either Christmas morning or Christmas Eve morning depending on my brother's rotation. Realistically, I know it would have been totally overwhelming for a baby who's not really used to a lot of stimulation (it was exhausting for ME and I've done it just about my whole life!) but she was definitely with us in spirit. A thousand times a day I'd wonder what she was doing (uh...sleeping, you dork, she's 10 hours ahead of us!) and wonder what I'd be doing if she were with us. Hopefully we'll bring her home in the next few weeks and be able to introduce her to our world a little more gradually.

I tried to keep up with a lot of you - I was in the land of dial up so comments were a luxury there was just no time for but I DID read. I loved reading the posts from so many that are celebrating their first Christmas with their children.

The day after Christmas, Mama and I went shopping - for what else?...baby clothes! I know that we shouldn't go overboard because several groups have mentioned that they want to give us a shower in between trips but it's so fun to be able to buy her some things now that I KNOW her. Also, I don't have anything small enough for her to wear very soon. And if we get a court date before we have time for a shower, I want to be ready! Twice, Mama and I picked out a big assortment saying we'd just grab things we liked and then pick from those. I think the way it worked was that I looked at the assortment and picked my favorites and then she grabbed the rest. We should be in pretty good shape except for her feet. I don't think she'll be walking so I'm not terribly worried about walking shoes, but I worry about her feet being warm enough if we're out. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger mommyto5 said...

We weren't sure if our dd would be walking either and we brought some warm little boots,pink of course:)juts to keep on her when we were out,indoors she wore socks with the grippies on the bottom she did not like having shoes on:)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Hi Betsy. The car seats we ended up buying were Eddie Bauer Booster Seats, or something like that. They can hold children up to 80 pounds. I think I just saw them on the BabiesRUs web site, discounted to 69.99 or something like that...I remember it was very close to $70. Have fun shopping!

Lea (www.pisarikadoption.blogspot.com)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Don't you just love shopping for the baby?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home