Thursday, December 14, 2006

Medicals

First, I can't believe that I forgot to thank my secret pal for the adorable sleeper that was waiting for us when we got back. It's so precious with its pink flowers and bows. I love it! The Christmas ornament is on a tiny tree that we put in her room - perfect. And, I'm not talking about the other thing because then I might have to share it!

Now, who has done the 8 doctor medical form at the American clinic in Moscow?? They say that if we take the results of a couple of blood tests and a chest X-ray, then it's $100 less and only takes 1 day instead of 2. Anybody done that? It's a little nerve wracking to think that we could leave for our court date without that being done. But, waiting until it's done here seems like it would seriously delay things.

At some point, I've got to get back to getting ready for Christmas. Do you know that it's in 11 days! Aaaack!!

3 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Our region is no longer accepting the medicals we had gotten in the U.S. and they are now requiring us to have the 8 doctor thing done in Moscow. We will have to stop over there for a day and a night for this, on our way to our region for our court date. My friend from KC went through this already. She took some blood tests and a chest X-Ray with her but she said nobody ever even looked at them. She saw 8 doctors in one day; they each talked to her for a little while and I think one doc might have looked in her eyes and ears and examined her chest but I think that was basically all there was to it. She said it was a joke.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Oh, one other thing she said. The first time our agency took someone to see the 8 docs, they took them to the American clinic in Moscow. After the first time, they decided to always take them to a Russian hospital to see 8 Russian docs because the judges like this more...they preferred a Russian opinion on the health of the parents. So she saw 8 Russian docs.

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip. Hope things move fast now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home