Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Belated Birthday

...to me!

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a great day. After my extra hour of sleep (WHAT a great present!) and church, we had my birthday lunch prepared entirely by my husband! He even made a cake with home-made chocolate frosting which sort of melted since he hid it in our sunroom and it got up to 70 degrees on Sat., but it was DELICIOUS! We went light on presents this year because we did some other things that we justified by calling them our birthday presents but he did really good - warm socks (for sightseeing if we happen to be someplace cold this winter), a great bag (could be a carry on/purse/diaper bag), some beautiful candleholders (that have nothing to do with our adoption other than the fact that they'll have to go up very high) and finally a Tom Clark gnome "Oopsey Daisy" which has a turtle on it. The beach that we go to is home to a large sea turtle hospital so we like turtles. Whew! That much of the day was great, couldn't ask for better.

Then, for our last activity, we had tickets to the Carolina / Dallas football game. I don't think I want to go any further into it than that. I'll just say that Coach Fox was quoted in the paper today as apologizing to every Panther fan that bought a ticket to the game. Ugh!

Everyone have a safe and happy Halloween tomorrow. Let's see pictures of those trick-or-treaters!!

6 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Lauri said...

Happy Birthday

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Happy Birthday! I cna't believe it took me this long to realize you started your blog.
Congratz!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Happy birthday!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Happy late Birthday. It sounds like you had a great day.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

happy birthday. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I hope your agency gets reaacredited soon. Good luck on your journey to get your little one.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Hi there,
I just found you blog via Suz. Happy belated birthday!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home