Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What's a Creecher?

No, it's not just that I can't spell! And it has nothing to do with Ernest T. Bass on the Andy Griffith Show. It has to do with our last name which is Creech. When we started the adoption process, we talked about "our little girl" and "the baby" because we didn't want to rush into picking a name. We hope to incorporate some part of her birth name so we really haven't decided yet. My sister-in-law said she needed a name that we could use in the mean time and suggested "Baby Rousse". My brother (in typical big-brother fashion) said "Creech-er!" And it stuck. So, before I ever caught on to the concept of blog names, our little girl became Creecher. The bonus is that now, when I hear the word, spoken or in song, I think of her and say a little prayer that she's warm and safe and that we can get her home SOON. Maybe now, you will too?