Sunday, November 26, 2006

The countdown has started!

After the initial flurry of activity (NOT panic), we settled down and had a really good Thanksgiving with my parents. We had 10 at their house for lunch which is actually a small group for us. We did a little shopping and lots of dreaming. Now it's time to get back to the flurry (not panic).

My biggest "need" is to go get a warm coat. I have what I call a winter coat, but I really don't think it's what I need for a place where the high in the foreseeable future is 4. I think that the cold will make the whole trip that much more memorable. That, and the fact that we'll meet Creecher on my mother's birthday. What are the odds of that?

It seems like we get to spend a pretty good amount of time at the orphanage - morning and afternoon visits for 3 days (subject to the director's schedule, of course). We thought we might take a little Baby's 1st Christmas outfit and a small present or two so we can take some pictures of her first Christmas. We also hope we'll get a chance to pick up a couple of ornaments or something for her while we're there.

For now, I think I need to get back to my lists - things to buy, things to do, things to be sure to pack, things to be sure to do while we're there,...UGH!

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Deb said...

First Christmas pictures sound like a great idea. You for sure need to do it. And what a great Christmas card this year. (That is if you can mail pictures of her.)

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Denise :o) said...

How exciting! I just found your site from Rhonda's blog. I'm very happy for you! What region are you traveling to? Can't wait to hear more!!! :o))

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am so excited for you. When do you leave? How long will you be gone? Is this just a visit or a pick up? Have a GREAT time with your daughter. Doesn't that sound good, your daughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home