Thursday, January 11, 2007

Here we come!

Here we come blustery, snowy, freezing cold birth city of my daughter...here we come little Creecher...WE HAVE OUR COURT DATE!!!!

On Feb. 6, we'll become the parents of our very own little Creecher! I can't even believe it. I don't think I realized how nervous I was until I felt such huge relief when our case manager told us our court date. In the back of my mind I think I was painfully aware that any level of Russian government could decide to delay the process or stop it indefinitely. There's no question that we would wait a good long time for this little girl that we are already so in love with, but I can't help but think about how quickly children change at this age. Their hair is growing, their teeth are coming in, they're picking things up more quickly, holding themselves up better, the awareness in their eyes seems to make them look a little more grown up every time you see them.

I just wonder how much she's changed? In almost exactly 2 months, how much weight has she gained, has she learned to crawl, does she have top teeth to match the bottom ones, does she have more hair?

I can't wait to find out all of these things and more! I'm off soon to order visas, book flights, FINALLY wash those new little outfits that WILL still fit her when we bring her home.

Somewhere along the way, when I didn't even realize it, I switched from being excited about being a mom to feeling so lucky and blessed to be able to share a part of our lives with this precious little Creecher!

So...now's the time - unleash all of your trip 2 helpful hints!!!

10 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...

I am so excited to hear your incredible news!!! I check in to just see look for the words COURT DATE!!! Congrats to the both of you.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Deb said...

So happy!!! Congratz! So glad you won't have to miss anymore in her little life in just a few more weeks.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Deb said...

I know you're super busy but don't forget to send the SBP Questionnaire back so I can include you in the match up.
Thanks

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Rhyne & Jake said...

OMG!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know you are super busy right now, so if you want to postpone the get together, I completely understand!!! What a wonderful early Valentine's gift!!!!!

I'll put some pictures in the mail of Rhyne and Jake if you still do not mind carrying them over.

OMG! I'm still so excited for you!!!

Tracy

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger mommyto5 said...

Oh what wonderful news such a blessing!!! have fun packing and any specific questions just let us know!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Congratulations on your court date! We did trip 2 a year ago, so if you have any specific questions you would like to ask, feel free to contact me. One thing - don't pack too much. In Russia, you can get away with wearing the same outfit a few times, so there is no need to pack a different thing for every day. We also brought a couple of children's books ("A Mother for Choco" and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you Hear?"), which were a huge hit. Even though the kids could not understand the words, they loved hearing the different voices and snuggling up to read. It gave us some wonderful initial bonding time.

Best of luck on your journey!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger kate said...

Wishing you a quick, smooth trip!

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello SBP. Congratulations on the date, how very wonderful that you will soon have your little one home!
I have to say I had to laugh at your blog address when we were matched, 'All Creatures Great and Small' is one of my favourite shows!
CONGRATULATIONS again!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Congrats!! Check out the weather; it has been unseasonably warm for this time of year. Our boys had hardly changed at all, except for some additional teeth and maybe a better understanding of Russian, or so it seems. What region are you going to? I either did not realize or had forgotten that you are also with CWA, correct? That's funny that you will also have Alex to help you out in Moscow. He is great. Not sure when you leave but I hope your trip goes well!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger 6blessings said...

Congratulations!! Court dates are so exciting. Soon you'll be together forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home