Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What's that weight limit?

The good news is that we're almost packed. The bad news is that our bags seem to be taking on a life of their own. I'm sure one of them just swallowed the couch! We got an umbrella stroller bag for a shower present. Really nice and really handy except we discovered there was all kinds of extra room around the stroller. No need to waste it right? It's not wasted now! Actually, we have that bag (with the stroller, gifts and some baby things in it), a bag each for me and my husband and a small carry on and "purse" each. I think we're okay.

It's hard to believe that it's finally happening. Soon we'll be home with our daughter. It doesn't seem like long at all when I look back at when we started and what all we've been through. Then I look at the TV Guide and WOW! what we're missing - hours of American Idol, 2 weeks of Grey's Anatomy, the return of Lost, Survivor and ER, not to mention Studio 60, Beauty and the Geek and the Apprentice which I've given up on this season anyway. We'll never catch up! Oh well - I guess I'll be learning all the words to Goodnight Moon and Guess How Much I Love You instead. That sounds like a fair trade to me. Wonder if I've packed those? Better go check.

5 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Deb said...

Don't forget the kitchen sink!
Glad you're finally here. What day do you leave?

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Rhyne & Jake said...

Ah yes, all the luggage! How I remember it all to well.

Good luck and God Bless!!
Tracy

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Denise :o) said...

2 suitcases at 50lbs each, one carry-on and one "personal item" each. Yep, we used them all!! Our coordinator laughed at us when he saw how much luggage we took. I have to say though, there wasn't much we didn't use. Have a wonderful and safe trip. As I'm sure you've been told, the temperature has dropped significantly. We only took Ivan out of the hotel when we had to and his poor little cheeks would chap every time. The air actually hurts!!!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger 6blessings said...

Packing! Ugh! We were overweight and didn't care. On the way over, we were packed for 4 people plus orphanage gifts. We paid the overweight charges,not much. Of course, on the way home, we were just fine. Hope you get it all figured out.

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooohhh I am so excited for you!
Your parcel should be there soon.
Your SBP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home